Focus on founder, family and employee-owned companies
Partnership approach based on common sense and integrity
A reputation for doing what we say we
The partners at TriSpan have built their careers working with successful entrepreneurial owners of middle market companies. We understand the challenges that your company faces on a day-to-day operational basis and on a longer-term strategic basis. Our experience allows us to work with the dedication and delicate touch that is often required for your business.
We have a history of success in working with entrepreneurial companies. We base our partnership with management on trust, and treat challenges with the common sense and integrity that we have demonstrated over the years.
You need to be very careful in selecting your equity partner. You need to understand how your equity partner will work with you to close the transaction, to manage the business with you, and to exit the investment. If we tell you we will do something, we will do it. We will be happy to share our references with you.
We work as partners with management to grow a company’s value to its full potential. We have extensive experience in sales and marketing, operations, financing, strategic planning, recruiting and acquisitions. We work closely with management as active directors to set strategic goals and priorities, and to act as a sounding board to solve strategic problems, to provide resources, and to identify and pursue growth opportunities.
The Investment Process
- Our deals are usually sourced through our private equity professionals and our network of relationships.
- We also however love to hear from business owners.
- If you or someone you know has a business that meets our investment criteria, please contact us.
- We will spend time getting to know you, your business, and your aspirations as well as introducing you to our team and the values of TriSpan.
- We will explore various deal structures with you to satisfy everyone’s objectives.
- We are a flexible investor and are happy to look at various transaction structures.
- Our partners and network of advisors will conduct a detailed due diligence process on the commercial, financial, tax and legal aspects of the business.
- We will make every effort to minimise business disruption to you during this period.
- Once all of the diligence and structuring have been finalised, the deal is agreed.
- We will then follow up on our diligence work with you to develop a plan to create value over the investment period for all shareholders.
- Along with helping you build your team, we will leverage our network of operating partners and other portfolio companies to better develop your business.
- We will conduct regular board meetings to make sure we are on track.
- We have flexibility as to how long we remain in our investments but as with any investor there will come a time when we look to realise the value we have created.
- We will leverage our network to make sure the exit is as streamlined as possible.